Monday, June 6, 2011

The ONLY Way to make Broccoli


As far as I'm concerned, Broccoli is BEST made the Barefoot way...... I will never make broccoli any other way!  I was hooked alone by the act of my two year old asking me for a second helping.  The idea is so simple, and Ina Garten helped me realize that the best [and surprisingly easiest] way to cook any vegetable is by roasting it. It's sort of similar to the way you would make a dish in a crockpot (and let me tell you....I DO love my crockpot cooking!); you prep it, put it in the cooker, set the timer and forget it. No slaving over  a stove people! Not my cup of tea.
~

First Taste: This side dish has a crunchy texture with a garlic/salty coating that leaves you wanting more.  Freshly squeezed lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper are a winning combination....... and a sprinkling of parmesan cheese after it's done roasting is like icing on a cake!

Addition: Pasta!!!!!!!!!!! Or anything that has alfredo sauce on it. Not only do the colors look fresh together but you can dip the broccoli in the sauce...... I'm craving more as I type...............

No comments:

Post a Comment