Sunday, December 9, 2012

Christmas in a Bowl

Last year, I made Ina's Pumpkin Mousse for dessert on Christmas Day. Well, now it is a tradition... and I will keep making it every Christmas Day, until I am no longer able to..... Philip LOVES it!! We all love it, but I know Philip loves it more, because he went to the grocery store to get me the ingredients to make it yesterday..... :) 
Here's the ingredients (which can also be found on www.foodnetwork.com):

  • 1 cup half-and-half
  • 1 (29-ounce) can pumpkin puree
  • 2 cups light brown sugar, lightly packed
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 6 extra-large egg yolks
  • 2 packages (4 teaspoons) unflavored gelatin
  • 2 ripe banana, finely mashed
  • 1 teaspoon grated orange zest, plus more for garnish, optional
  • 2 cups cold heavy cream
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract


Using really good ingredients does make all the difference.

the gelatin

Ahhh.. and there it is - Christmas in a bowl :)
 
First Taste: You will taste creamy pumpkin pie custard with hints of orange and banana - yeah, it's good. And it tastes better the day after you make it..... so make it ahead of time for a party! :)

2 comments:

  1. Haha you know it's good when you get sent out to buy ingredients!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny, I've been watching Christmas movies all week. I guess I've been feeling jolly. This recipe takes the cake! Adding to my bliss! Thanks for sharing!

    ► XO • KIMBERLYLUXE

    ReplyDelete